What is Integration Brokerage?
Integration brokerage (IB) as a category of discrete IT outsourcing for integration projects, such as those involving cloud services integration and supply chain integration. IB is one of three primary cloud services brokerage (CSB) roles and combines cloud-based B2B integration infrastructures with people and processes to help companies for initial implementation and ongoing project management for a wide range of cloud and B2B integration projects.
Integration Cloud Service Brokerage is a function that maintains the data fidelity for organizations using multiple on-demand B2B software services SaaS, PaaS or IaaS and the resulting silos they create. It is used primarily for the outsourcing of discrete data integration projects, typically those involving certain cloud and supply chain services. IB refers to one of the three primary cloud service roles and combines B2B integration infrastructures with people and processes to help businesses implement project management resources. It is tempting to infer that the IB market is mature and the vendor landscape has become static, perhaps dominated, by a few incumbent providers and little competition.
- Retains and leverages intellectual property to avoid online solutions
- Brokers a minimum of at least one cloud service
- Add value on top of original services
- Aggregate multiple service combinations
- Provides data integration and management services between multiple cloud services and on-premise application
Things to remember:
- IB is not a cloud service provider
- IB reduces pressure on IT department
- Know your provider
- Usually provided as a feature of IT offerings